Desktop Consultancy Support, NYDOH
The New York State Department of Health is the department of the New York state government responsible for public health. It is headed by Health Commissioner Howard A. Zucker, M.D., J.D., who was appointed by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and confirmed by the State Senate on May 5, 2015. Its regulations are compiled in title 10 of the New York Codes, Rules and Regulations.
The State of New York Department of Health (DOH) required Desktop Consultancy Support expertise to help triage and handle desktop support tickets, in line with the client’s business requirements.
The objective of the project included Desktop Consultancy Support for Helpdesk queries, dealing with customers and solving their specific issues.
For troubleshooting and solving customer queries aligned with the business requirements, the above Project was divided into several phases with a streamlined approach. At the start, we gave the much needed assistance in understanding the customer needs for solving tickets.
With a strategic approach, we provided day-to-day helpdesk support, as and when they were needed.
V Group Inc. successfully supported the department in this task by reviewing all the queries and solving them immediately. We performed all the given responsibilities that were included but were not limited to –
- Professionally and courteously answered Help Desk calls/e-mail messages as they came in ensuring that every location had support coverage.
- Used Lansweeper, Ready Desk and remote desktop to provide first level technical support for approximately 2000 DOH users; monitored work queues, opened, updated and closed Ready Desk Support tickets
- Accurately documented the details of the user requests or issues, diagnostic steps performed while troubleshooting and assisted the user
- Acted as a single point of contact for all users of the Departments Information Technology (IT) services and solved questions and reported problems regarding services and products.
- Using Windows XP, 7 and 8 operating systems we helped in troubleshooting / supporting TCP/IP Networks.
- VMware and thin clients, remote Desktop, Active Directory, IDM and Lansweeper we helped in troubleshooting PC problems
- Installation of desktop hardware / peripherals and printers were done successfully
- Also, installed individual software packages, as and when they were needed
- Using imaging software we accelerated large equipment roll-outs. Also, we gave support and deployed O365
V Group Served as a liaison between Agency and solution’s contract to help the client to ensure complete, accurate and effective Desktop Support, in alignment with the business goals.
Word from Spearhead
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.