System Administration for Medicaid Administrative Services (MAS) System, NYSDOH
The New York State Department of Health is the department of the New York state government responsible for public health. It is headed by Health Commissioner Howard A. Zucker, M.D., J.D., who was appointed by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and confirmed by the State Senate on May 5, 2015. Its regulations are compiled in title 10 of the New York Codes, Rules and Regulations.
The State of New York: Department of Health (DOH) required a System Administration Support for Design, Development, and Implementation (DDI) of Medicaid Administrative Services (MAS).
The objective of the project is to provide a continuous System Administration Consultancy Support for tracking and overseeing the implementation of interface solutions between the MAS and related systems, acting as the Systems Interface Lead on the Medicaid Administrative Services (MAS) DDI.
V Group Inc. provided support in system administration tasks. Primarily, we understood and captured the parameters, and the project was broken down into several components to ease the process offering quality services.
With a methodical approach, we helped in developing an inventory of real-time, batch, user interface, and interactive interfaces to support the MAS operation. Assisted team members with development and testing activities to ensure all interface functionality is in place to support development, conversion and testing efforts, for providing an excellent and smooth technical functionalities and flow.
Then, we also provided support on the following tasks with ease:
- Developed and maintained a tracking tool to list all of the source systems for sending data to and consume data from the MAS.
- Updated the interface tracking tool with relevant status information to track the progress and status of interface development, testing and implementation.
- Worked closely with the DDI vendor, and the eMed NY, MDW, and NYSOH Technical Leads to monitor the development of interface solutions between these systems.
- Identified and tracked interface solutions with internal DOH systems and worked closely with the Change Control Manager, ensuring that interface solutions are documented and understood by appropriate team members.
- Contributed in testing, including development of end-to-end test scenarios, test cases, and stress test design.
- Participated in the MMIS certification process and worked with Legal and Security staff to help craft agreements regulating fair use and performance expectations for all interfaces.
- Worked with MAS vendor to identify and choose the most appropriate interface(s) to meet business objectives.
- Identified and articulated interface requirements with a diverse set of stakeholders in partner organizations.
- Worked with representatives from ITS and other state agencies to identify, specify, provision, and build necessary interfaces.
V Group’s support assisted in managing the scope as per the project requirement.
Served as a liaison between Agency and solution’s contract and helped the client in designing, developing and implementing interface solutions, aligned with their business’ requirements reducing support overhead.
Word from Spearhead
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.