Mainframe z/OS Programming, OPERS
The Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) includes all employees who are paid by the state of Ohio, a county, municipality, or local government within the state and serves more than a million employees.
The Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) was established to provide a secure retirement for Ohio’s public employees and their families. Even with state-mandated retirement plans, it is important to consider the options in making decisions that are right for you.
The Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS) required a Mainframe z/OS Programming Consultancy Support expertise for the IBM mainframe computer system and related software and subsystems product installations using z/OS, JES2, SMP/E, TSO, VTAM, TCP/IP, in line with the client’s project scope and business goals.
The objective of the project is to provide continuous Mainframe z/OS Programming Consultancy support including but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain Operating Systems releases and z/OS Operating System including SMP/E, IODF, performance tuning (SMF) and capacity planning.
- Maintain the Mainframe Network - TCP/IP, VTAM.
- Maintain all 3rd party products - Allen Systems Group (ZARA, ZACK, LCM, ViewDirect, ValiDate, JobScan), Compuware (xpeditor, Strobe), Vanguard, Stonebranch (Universal Controller), Fischer (IOF), NewEra (SAE), MacKinney, Xerox (XPAF) , BCV5,$AVRS, LRS, etc.
- Analyze capacity of all Mainframe systems and made recommendations for capacity improvements.
- Diagnose issues related to Mainframe and worked with IBM and others to resolve them.
- Monitor and resolve performance problems related to mainframes.
- Administer Mainframe IBM DASD Storage Arrays.
V Group’s support assist in managing the scope as per the project requirement. We serve as a liaison between agency and solution’s contract and help the client in Mainframe z/OS Programming, aligned with their business’ requirements reducing support overhead.
Word from Spearhead
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.