Data Warehouse and Data Quality Analysis, Washington Health Benefit Exchange
Washington Healthplanfinder is one of the fourteen health insurance marketplaces in the United States and was created in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly referred to as Obamacare.
Washington Healthplanfinder is a state-operated website that allows residents of the state of Washington to shop for and to sign up for medical insurance with a private insurance company. Individuals who sign up may also obtain subsidies from the state that cover a portion of the insurance premiums in accordance with Obamacare. The subsidies may be paid directly to the insurance company. The premium payments (minus subsidy) are paid directly to the insurance company by the insured individual.
WAHBE was looking for a vendor to provide DW Data Quality Analysis who will be responsible for providing data quality assurance support to our enterprise Data Warehouse. The vendor was required to have a proven history of delivering high-quality test results and is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This vendor was supposed to work with new Azure technologies and platforms. the vendor had to perform all development activities within the defined parameters adhering to DW Architecture guidelines.
V Group as a prime vendor is currently working with the Data Warehouse team developing and providing data quality assurance support. Once this project has been completed, WAHBE will have an operational Data Warehouse with a thorough testing master plan and process. We are closely working with members of the Data & Reporting team and other teams within IT.
As a part of the deliverable V group is performing the following duties:
- Write SQL scripts to ensure data loaded into the warehouse is accurate
- Write SQL scripts to validate DW data against source data
- Write SQL scripts to validate and identify potential data and report errors, and work with the DW development team to resolve
- Use critical and analytic thinking to review/validate reports for data accuracy and functionality integrity
- Plan and execute testing activities for Data Warehouse
- Create and execute tests of ETL processes.
- Test downstream consumption of reports, calculations, etc.
- Develop, execute, and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test suites, and test cases.
- Track, monitor, and report on test results
- Stay on top with all system request changes and produce test cases accordingly
- Provide estimates associated with testing activities and tasks
- Participate in all aspects of a full-lifecycle development methodology, and related data quality concepts and processes
- Communicate plans and status efficiently and helps to ensure the team is on track for all testing efforts
- Collaborate with the business and DW teams to troubleshoot and resolve defects and other related issues
- Work closely with the Data and Reporting team to ensure requirements are documented, understood, testable, and accurately tested
- Provide input on go/no-go decisions for production releases
- Collaborate with team members to implement and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches, and services
- ITPS Work Request – Data Warehouse Page 3 of 3
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Word from Spearhead
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.