Analytical Support, NYS OTDA
The New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) is a recognized national leader in the field of Human Services and innovative social welfare programs. The Office must continually review and revise its methods of providing assistance in order to meet the fiscal and social challenges of the next century.
The New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) required analytical support for upgrading current ACS applications and functionalities to reduce template maintenance, simplify application distribution, improve access to ACS data, and enhance reporting and user security updates, in line with the client’s business goals.
The objective of the project included Business and Quality Analysis support to work closely with agency business staff, stakeholders and the project team to refine and develop requirements for the Automated Claiming System and its associated business processes. It also needed support in all aspects of system development, including business process and system analysis, creation of new functional designs, creation, and execution of user test plans, and system deployment activities, in line with the project scope.
V Group Inc. supported the client and understood the challenges that were present in the existing system. These challenges were reviewed by the team to overcome them ensuring smooth transitioning of the system. Led the project development, communicate, and maintain methodologies and standards to promote a consistent approach to business analysis throughout the Project for enhancing/maintaining the new System.
In the first place, we understood the responsibilities including but not limited to the following –
- Elicited business requirements and documented business systems activities
- Defined the business needs, assessed capability gaps of existing solutions and determined solution approaches to meeting business needs (e.g., business case, fit-gap analysis document, or functional specification).
- Assisted in prioritizing and organizing requirements.
- Communicated business process requirements to IT staff, program staff, and stakeholders (e.g., business process flows, fit-gap analysis, or functional designs), as per the requirement
- Validated and proposed solutions meeting business needs
- Performed system testing for consistency with the system or business process specifications (developed test scenarios, scripts, and data; reviewed test results; and assessed the implementation of appropriate solutions to ensure that they are capable of achieving the design capabilities
- Analyzed the impact of change to IT system requirements or business processes and evaluated project timelines and priorities
- Mentored state staff and new BA's
- Established and monitored the project goals/objectives, and helped in managing daily work/priorities.
Lastly, all the above steps in order allowed us to identify potential issues and escalate them on time, in line with the functional and design specifications and requirements.
Served as a liaison between Agency and solution’s contract, V Group Inc. supported the client in planning, implementing, executing, and evaluating the project successfully, keeping up to date with the latest know-how and trends.
Word from Spearhead
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.